5 Tips to Prepare Your Boat for the Open Water
As a boat owner, it is your responsibility to keep yourself and your passengers safe. Take a look at these 5 tips to prepare your boat for the open water:
- If you’ve had your boat in storage, the first thing you need to do is give it a thorough cleaning. That way you will have more visibility to check for damage to the exterior.
- It is very important that you check your oil. You'll want to completely drain it and refuel versus just topping it off. This will make sure your recreational vehicle runs as smoothly as possible. You also need to check your brake fluid and antifreeze coolant.
- Having corroded connections can be very dangerous. Inspect all your electrical connections and make sure they are clean, tight, and free of corrosion.
- Check your life jackets to ensure they are in good condition. You also need to make sure there are enough jackets for every passenger on board.
- It's the perfect time to check up on your boat insurance coverage. At General Insurance Services, we can make sure you have the proper coverage to protect yourself, and your passengers. Call us at 949-438-5207 or contact us to learn more about how we can keep you secure.
Want to learn more about protecting your boat? Click here to see our boat insurance coverage options.